Monday, July 13, 2009

More pics




JS's descriptions:
1. Luke doing an impromptu puppet show at an orphan nursery school
2. women and children waiting for the Ekwendeni Hospital mobile medical clinic (where they weigh babies, get vaccinations, etc. ) And we think we have to wait for a long time to see the doctor! Luke got to assist these mobile clinics in both Ekwendeni and Embangeni. Because the hospital serves an area of over 600 square km, these mobile clinics are essential for reaching women in the most remote villages.

...And I've been promised crisis nursery pictures tomorrow! All you baby lovers get ready.
-Raymond

2 comments:

  1. I've just caught up with all of your blogs and pictures from Malawi. I LOVED them! Can't believe it's almost time for you to come home. The Swetenburgs have made a big impression on this small country......a very good impression! And I feel I CAN say this with some authority since I made the trip with big brother Raymond.....and I lived to tell the tale!
    Safe travels returning home and blessings for going!
    Teri Boone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan Scott and Luke,

    It is hard to believe that you are coming up on the last week of your stay. I am proud of your efforts and your openness to your experiences in Malawi, and I will continue to hold you in prayer. I hope that you have been able to connect with Frazer Mkandawire, since you probably have your best shot at doing so while you are in Mzuzu, but I am sure that we in the West underestimate the challenges of making contact with someone in Malawi. I look forward to catching up when you return.

    Safe journeys,

    John Jones

    ReplyDelete